America is a country built on the promise of equal opportunity for all. For over two centuries we’ve been working to making that promise a reality, but illegal discrimination still haunts many of our workplaces. If you have suffered the effects of unlawful discrimination in the workplace because of your race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or disability, we will help you fight back.
Discrimination on the basis of one or more of the following “protected categories” is unlawful.
- Age Discrimination (40 or Older)
- Gender or Pregnancy Discrimination
- Race, Religion, National Origin Discrimination
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
If you have been subjected to unlawful workplace discrimination, you may already have a sense that you are in danger of losing your job. Contact an employment lawyer while you are still employed. There may be important opportunities to gather evidence while you are still in the workplace, and there are specific measures we can take to counter a company’s attempt to wrongfully fire you or retaliate against you.
Your employer may have broken the law if any of those categories factored into an employment decision involve:
- Lay-offs or firing
- Promotions or demotions
- Substantial reductions in job duties and responsibilities
- Wages, benefits, bonuses and other compensation
- Job conditions