Welcome to North Carolina Employment Attorneys
Historically, North Carolina’s courts were widely recognized as some of the most conservative in the nation. As a result, only a small handful of firms in the state exclusively practice plaintiff-side employment law—Van Kampen Law is one of them.
Van Kampen Law’s primary clients are professional and executive-level victims of employment discrimination and sexual harassment. However, the firm recognizes that it is imperative to combat discrimination from the factory floor to the board room, and its attorneys pick their cases accordingly.
Van Kampen Law strategically takes on fewer employment law cases so that it can devote sufficient resources to match up favorably against the large defense firms employers invariably hire. By concentrating its practice exclusively on employment law in North Carolina, Van Kampen Law has established solid working relationships with many of the area’s employment law defense attorneys and in-house counsels, which often facilitates early settlement. To that end, many of the cases referred to Van Kampen Law are from defense attorneys against whom the firm has litigated.
Listen to Our Employment Law Podcast - The Walking Papers Podcast
- The EEOC – Would You Like a Pedicure to Go Along With That Facial? Why Employers Receive the Spa Treatment, and You Are Steve Carell in 40-Year-Old Virgin - (23:43) - (2020-12-04)
- Step Into My Office, You're Fired - (18:31) - (2020-12-02)
- Am I Eligible For Unemployment Benefits During COVID-19? - (21:38) - (2020-08-10)
- Quid Pro Quo Clarice - Will Workers Compensation Insurance Carriers or Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurers Have Your Back if You Contract COVID-19? - (23:29) - (2020-04-05)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - (19:59) - (2020-04-04)
- The Price is Right – What Can You Recover If You Win Your Wrongful Termination Case? - (27:14) - (2020-03-27)
- These are Not the Droids (I Mean Severance Packages) You’re Looking For, Jedi Mind Tricks for Enhancing Severance Offers - (25:39) - (2020-03-20)
- Your Employment Rights During the Apocalypse – Your Job Protections During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic - (16:33) - (2020-03-13)
- You Have Been Human Resourced - With Attorney Bartina Edwards - (26:55) - (2019-10-21)
- Peeling Back the Mystery of Employment Mediation with Attorney Steve Dunn - (30:00) - (2019-09-30)
- You Want Me on That Wall, You Need Me on That Wall: Proving Your Discrimination Case Without Colonel Jessup Admitting He Ordered the Code Red - (19:13) - (2019-09-26)
- Take This Job and Shove It - (17:25) - (2019-03-27)
- Responding to B******t Evaluations and Write Ups - (14:20) - (2019-03-27)
- Tales From the Crypt of Lost Employment Cases - (18:15) - (2019-03-27)
- The Walking Papers Podcast - (01:15) - (2019-03-27)