A former Donald Trump campaign manager once terrorized a staffer by jabbing a loaded gun into his knee — and team Trump refused to step in and help the harassed employee, according to a new lawsuit.
Vincent Bordini — once an avid Trump supporter who worked for three months on the campaign as a software trainer — filed a lawsuit Wednesday against North Carolina campaign director Earl Phillip and the Trump presidential campaign for the alleged February incident.
Bordini said he decided to file the lawsuit after the campaign failed to act on the matter. “I just wanted the campaign to care,” he told the Daily News Thursday.
Phillip — who left his post in North Carolina last week to become the deputy chair of Trump’s National Diversity Coalition — stepped down from his new job Thursday, Charlotte-based station WCCB reported. He also did not attend the Republican National Convention last month.
Neither Phillip nor a Trump spokeswoman immediately responded to the Daily News’ request for comment.
Bordini claimed he was driving with Phillip following a Feb. 13 campaign event when the manager whipped out a pistol.
Without saying a word, Phillip dug the barrel into Bordini’s knee, keeping his finger on the trigger as he drove, Bordini said.
“Phillip’s gun was loaded and the safety was off. A bump in the road would likely result in a bullet hole, and worse, in Vincent’s knee,” the lawsuit claimed.
The armed manager allegedly put the gun away only after his staffer asked, “What the f— are you doing?”
“Phillip put the gun away as if nothing had happened. Phillip drove and didn’t talk about it again. Petrified, Vincent kept his mouth shut,” according to the lawsuit.